School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
2017 - 2018
Kings Park Elementary School
Dotty Lin, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome- Raise the Bar
Academic Area: Reading
Over the next three years Kings Park ES will increase the number of students exiting on grade level from:
85% to 88% (2016) (86%)
88% to 92% (2017) (86%)
92% to 95% (2018)
Academic Area: Writing
100% of Kings Park students will increase in their volume, stamina and engagement in writing.
- All teams will engage in and implement strategies from Teachers College professional development. http://readingandwritingproject.org/.
- A vertical literacy team will be developed and will meet monthly to build on the collective knowledge and expertise across grade levels & increase vertical connections, learning and common language.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #2 - – Close the GAP
100% Non-dually identified LEP/EP students as identified "at risk" by the Universal Screener will meet individualize DRA instructional level reading growth goals by Spring 2018.
- Staff will facilitate building relationships with ourselves, students, families, and the FCPS community through engagement.
- Implementation of Teachers College strategies http://readingandwritingproject.org/.
- Kings Park will elicit strategic parent involvement.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #3 - Mathematics
Over the next three years Kings Park ES will increase the number of students passing the 3rd grade Math SOL: 78% to 82% (2017) 80.5% 82% to 86% (2018) 86% to 90% (2019)
- Strategically plan Number Sense instruction based on student assessment data.
- Schoolwide focus on mathematical talk and vocabulary.
- Balanced assessment of mathematical proficiency.