Activities available to our students
As a K-3 school, Kings Park offers leadership opportunities for third-grade students.
- Cub Council students support our canned food drive and create and advertise spirit days and school events.
- Cub Patrols work with the Kings Glen FCPS safety patrols. Kings Glen's safety patrols support our students on the school bus during arrival and dismissal. The Kings Park Cub Patrols wear white belts and monitor school hallways at arrival and dismissal and hold bus signs to direct students at dismissal.
- Tech Team members work with our technology specialist to learn about robotics, coding, STEAM activities, engineering, and innovated technology practices at Kings Park.
- KPOV News (Kids Point of View) anchors run the news program each morning. Students learn about public speaking as the news anchors and the soundboard, and computer as the KPOV producers.
- Dancing Cubs perform at the annual KP/KG Volleyball Game each spring. The students practice after school for 8-10 weeks prior to the game and perform during one of the game breaks.
There are also many after-school classes and clubs sponsored by our Kings Park / Kings Glen PTA.